Tuesday, September 23, 2008

True definition of insanity

It has been said that the real, no b.s., definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. I truly believe that I am supportive in the best way I can be and that my super hot husband is as well. Yet, we continue to struggle with the same exact issues over and over again. DUH!!! I feel like I am banging my head against the wall and thinking why is he doing this even though I know that it is coming. When I stop and think about it, I usually will giggle to myself since I am aware of what the outcome will be but, still surprised when it happens. Literally, fall on the floor in shock or I guess, one MAY perceive it as a temper tantrum. I said MAY perceive it that way...

I was talking with my friend the other day about this issue and she, of course, said the same thing and knew the results prior to me even telling her. She holds nothing back when I talk to her and I love that about her. She knows me well enough to be honest without being harsh (although I think she wishes she could be harsh). While I am able to find the humor in it, I also find it extremely frustrating. I need to find someway to deal with my frustration as my head hurts from banging it over and over again.

No comments: