The rules are modeled after the 2008 Christmas Spirit Award. Thus...
1. You must be a true lover of the New Year to receive this award (uh huh, sure I am...I just got an award!! wooo hooo). The person to whom you give the award must also be in love with the New Year.
2. List 5 things that you love about the New Year. If you can't limit it to 5 things, then keep going till you run out of space.
3. Pass the award along to as many people as you like. That can be 1 or 50. It is up to you but, keep the New Year cheer going.
4. Let your recipients know that you have tagged them by leaving a comment on their site. Also, link back to the person who gave you the award.
Got it? Good, here we go...this is what I love about the New Year:
1. A fresh start and excitement for what the upcoming year will entail. Oh ya, and the school year FLYS by after this holiday and we are out for summer.
2. Staying up until Midnight, on purpose, to watch the ball drop in Times Square.
3. See who will be performing on Dick Clark's Rockin Eve and how cold she will be in the skimpy outfit she wears. (reminder of Mariah Carey last year...holy cow, she must have been freezing)
4. Counting down from 10 to 1 with my girls and clinking our glasses of sparkling cider for them and anything alcoholic for me when we get to 1.
5. The Rose Parade. I grew up going to the Rose Parade every year and did you know you can actually smell the roses while watching it?
I am only passing this on to one blog friend since I don't have many blog friends yet and I don't want people to be mad at me so...
Counselormama you are it!!!
Enjoy!! Have a safe and Happy New Year to all!!!