Thursday, September 11, 2008

The Break Up

I have only a few friends that will be honest and tell me like it is...straight up, no holding back. I talked to one of those friends today about my recent break up with my love affair (Iphone). You see, I did break up...truly I did. It was one of those things that I thought would stick and seemed like a good thing at the time. I had a long discussion with my friend (shout out to Schmiggy, WORD) about this and she so eloquently told me "LET IT GO". So I began my quest to let it go...

I came home two days ago and told my super hot husband that I was letting go of the Iphone. I would no longer bring it up, discuss it, cry about it, or anything. While I was NOT expecting some major reaction to this news (OK maybe a little), I was hoping for him to at least look away from the pot of Sloppy Joes for two seconds. He, in fact, did not. This would not stop me...still breaking up!! Being mature here.

Less than 24 hours later, HE comes to me to start a conversation about my EX Iphone that I was clearly moving on from. While I am shocked...I continue to go with it in a calm and soothing manner. I ask him "Are you sure you want to talk about this?" He says yes so, here we go. Down the road that we have travelled time and time again. He gets mad at me since I am attacking him about the phone again. WHAT??? I don't think I brought this up, buddy boy!!! I am left bewildered to say the least as to what had just occurred.

I know now that the Iphone has been the root of all evil in my house lately and no longer want the drama that goes along with it. No more making up, going back, no looking back!!! WE ARE DONE!!!

2 comments:

Landlubber Link said...

I'm sorry for your loss. But look on the bright side, you still have me!
Love, Your Husband

Landlubber Link said...

You need to chill woman!