Thursday, September 25, 2008

The Crying Has Got To Stop!!!

And I am being serious here. Someone is goin' down at my school if the crying continues anymore. Just when I get one settled...another begins. It is driving me INSANE!!!! Today an adorable little girl was crying in class so, I went to get her and calm her down. Upon entering the room, I noticed her grandma was there and trying to console her. Super counselor to the rescue!!! I tell grandma to leave and we will take good care of her and I know it is hard but, it is what is best...blah, blah, blah. I do understand as a parent, it would be hard to leave my kid at school when she is so upset but, as a counselor...I want that adult GONE, BYE BYE..and don't look back. The kid will eventually settle down but, the longer the lingering...the worse it gets.

Grandma finally took my advice and turned to leave and the kid went crazy. She had snot coming down her face, screaming hysterically, and trying to get away from me. Every teacher came out of their room to see the sweet counselor with this feral kid and quickly closed their doors since I so clearly had things under control...NOT!!!

Eventually the principal came down and proceeded to help me carry her to his office so that she could cry all she wanted without it bothering anyone else. Well, it was really bothering me but, WHATEVER!!! I sat on the floor in front of the door to keep her from running out and she kept hitting me in the head with the doorknob. Over and over again, the doorknob is bopping me on the head and I begin to think, "How must this look to anyone outside of this room?" I don't think I want to know. In all honesty, I was thinking, "Knock it off you crazy kid!!!"

Long story even longer, she eventually made it to class after finally coming with me to the my office for a good, old-fashioned game of Candy Land. She turned on a dime, seriously. Never seen a kid stop crying and turn into such a delight in 1.2 seconds. Kinda freaky, if you ask me. The game went on and on and on with her being on the very last square and only needing any color card to win the game. Just one little color...ANY COLOR. She, of course, got f'in Plumpy!!! WHY, OH WHY!!!

No comments: