Monday, January 5, 2009

I Was Running

Forrest Gump says it best.  So, to catch you up...I am still running and still hating it and still sucking wind every step of the way.  I no longer picture pushing my running partner into the traffic but, I am quite certain that on the right morning after a bad nights sleep, and her ever so cheerful face, the thought would creep back in.  I STILL cannot run the entire 2.5 miles of hell without stopping which I don't understand why that is.  I am certain it has to do with all the chit chat that happens between my "pawd-ner" and all. We don't stop talking...EVER!!!  

The night before the run is the worst.  I am usually grumpy and irritable (no different, really). I swear my alarm clock will end up in the toilet one of these mornings.  Let's just hope that it is not tomorrow. 

5 comments:

Counselormama said...

You are a trooper! It is cold outside!

3 Bay B Chicks said...

Your attempt to actually keep one of your resolutions and exercise both amazes and astounds me. I can't believe that you are able to make it out of the house, let alone run 2 1/2 miles. I might have to re-evaluate our friendship, though, especially if you start posting your mileage on a regular basis. I often consider pushing the buttons on my TV remote to be my exercise for the day. :)

-Francesca

PS: You were the ONLY one who commented on the pink boots. That is why I like you so much. Might make up for the whole exercise thing, but I will have to think about it.

Tulip Row said...

Good for yoU!!!

seriously? said...

FYI - I will NEVER post mileage or times or how many times I cursed during a run...I PROMISE. I do NOT want to lose any friends over this. If it comes to that, I will just stop running if necessary!!! Am I a good friend or what????

3 Bay B Chicks said...

I just read your comment on Kacey's post today and am literally tripping over my feet in my attempt to get to my computer. If I could call you on the phone, I would, which would be comical considering I have (1) never met you and (2) do not even know your real name. I would probably have to start the conversation out with, "Hi, I read your blog and..."

I digress. We in no way deleted one of our most favorite blogs. I am not sure what happened. We still appear as your follower on our end. However, I just re-added you to make sure that everything is working properly. Did it work?

Your humble fan, F.

PS: Adding people as your follower and then dropping them...ouch! It has definitely happened to us, though (ahem, Counselormama).

You definitely has an eternal spot on our blogroll. Also, you do know that I was totally kidding about your running, right? You inspire me to be a better person, or at least to try for a day or two.