Sunday, December 14, 2008

EXCITED and scared!!!

I am beside myself with excitement at the fact that people are not only reading my blog but, leaving me comments too!!!  I LOVE IT!!!  Please leave more, even if I don't know you, you think I am crazy, or you just want to tell me off...OK don't do that, I am fragile and will probably cry.  

I had the most fun conversation with my craz...I mean, lovely mother the other night. We talked on the phone for about an hour and I was laughing so hard I was crying. I may have been crying because I am fragile, or because I realize that this woman gave birth to me so that means that I am half her genes which scares the crap out of me!!! About a month ago, she called to tell me that she had bought a golf cart to drive around town in and to save money on gas and be more environmental.   All those reasons are great if that was the true reason for the purchase.  Last time I was visiting her, the kids and I went for a ride in the cart and I noticed that she has a little notepad and pen on the steering wheel.  I was scared, to say the least, that she MAY be writing something as she is driving what I refer to as a death trap.  I asked her what she writes down on such a little pad of paper truly thinking that she would respond with "directions" or "list of things I need from the store"  but, NO she says and I quote..."in case I see someone stealing something, I can write down their license plate and turn them in."  I made sure to tell her that some things don't need to be said out loud. She at least knows that she can't chase after them since her golf cart does not go over 25 MPH. OMG!!  Do you see why I am freaking out???  

4 comments:

Tulip Row said...

Thanks for making me laugh out loud!

Counselormama said...

I am still laughing as I write this! Have a good week!

3 Bay B Chicks said...

Your duct tape comment on Conselormama's recent post totally made me laugh (again).

Let's get more excited about the whole blogging thing and get you some followers...us!

-F.

DerumSR said...

Or maybe she has the note pad to report any kidnappings. After you were kidnapped she is not going to take any chances!