Thursday, December 18, 2008

Drama Mama

I am not sure if you have noticed but I can, at times, be a tad bit dramatic in my reactions to things.  While I don't necessarily see this trait in myself, it has been repeatedly pointed out to me by my super hot hubby.  With the remodel, vomit everywhere, the looming holidays with no kitchen, shopping, parasites, wrapping, and did I mention the vomit? and being in the f'in Christmas spirit...there is a little stress around here.  I have found myself storming out in a huff several times for no other reason than to get the attention of my husband and tell him I am quite upset.  Only, I don't even think he has even noticed I have left.  I have made my dramatic exit from the house wanting to slam the door behind me and peel out as I drive away with tears rolling down my face and a country song on the radio about why he doesn't love me anymore  (And the academy award goes to...) only it is a sliding glass door and I don't think it would get the reaction I am looking for.  For all the husbands out there that are reading my blog (probably there is just one and that one is mine), I am going to let you in on a little secret.  All we want is a little bit of sympathy, a little pat on the back, a little love every now and then.  So, when we say "I'm fine." we usually mean..."please talk to me more and ask me more probing questions about why I am acting like a 5 year old."  When we say "I don't mind if you stay home and watch football while I attend this family function with the kids."  we usually mean..."get your ass up off that couch and come with me." When we say "Only if you want to."  we usually mean...I want you to do whatever it is I am asking you do to and I want you to WANT to do whatever it is I am asking you to do and if you don't want to do it, YOU SHOULD!!!  We are such simple creatures, I think.  

5 comments:

Counselormama said...

Oh, for a second I thought you were describing my dear, sweet hubby! He always tells me I am overreacting, which I then counter with telling him he is underreacting. Touche!

forever folding laundry said...

Ha! I love this. You're right: just give me a little sympathy, a little "you know, you're totally right" once in awhile! And maybe a foot rub. Is that too much to ask???

Tulip Row said...

Sing it Sister!

AlwaysAskingWhy said...

I m new to this and think you are very funny! I would love to put a face with all this laughter. I am wondering about a blog I saw. The Shirt. Anymore info on that?

seriously? said...

Lots more info about "The shirt" post...what do you want to know?? Still can't find the shirt. :(