Wednesday, December 31, 2008

AWWW, A New Year

I am absolutely ridiculous when it comes to these chain letters that get sent to my e-mail where you have questions and you erase the other persons answers and put in your own and pass it along.  I ALWAYS have to do those.  Not sure why but, I love them.  I love reading them, answering them, and sending them on (sorry to those of you who do not). That being said, I was so happy to receive on my blog a New Years type one of these to answer and pass on from 3baybchicks (I can tell we will be life long blogging friends).  

The rules are modeled after the 2008 Christmas Spirit Award.  Thus...

1. You must be a true lover of the New Year to receive this award (uh huh, sure I am...I just got an award!!  wooo hooo).  The person to whom you give the award must also be in love with the New Year. 
2.  List 5 things that you love about the New Year.  If you can't limit it to 5 things, then keep going till you run out of space.
3.  Pass the award along to as many people as you like. That can be 1 or 50. It is up to you but, keep the New Year cheer going.
4.  Let your recipients know that you have tagged them by leaving a comment on their site.  Also, link back to the person who gave you the award.

Got it?  Good, here we go...this is what I love about the New Year:

1.  A fresh start and excitement for what the upcoming year will entail.  Oh ya, and the school year FLYS by after this holiday and we are out for summer. 
2.  Staying up until Midnight, on purpose, to watch the ball drop in Times Square.
3.  See who will be performing on Dick Clark's Rockin Eve and how cold she will be in the skimpy outfit she wears. (reminder of Mariah Carey last year...holy cow, she must have been freezing)
4.  Counting down from 10 to 1 with my girls and clinking our glasses of sparkling cider for them and anything alcoholic for me when we get to 1.
5.  The Rose Parade.  I grew up going to the Rose Parade every year and did you know you can actually smell the roses while watching it?  

I am only passing this on to one blog friend since I don't have many blog friends yet and I don't want people to be mad at me so...

Counselormama you are it!!!  

Enjoy!!  Have a safe and Happy New Year to all!!!  

5 comments:

Counselormama said...

Ok, I will do it! Love the new pic, very symbolic

WILLOW TREE said...

Happy New Year! Aren't the Bay B Chicks the best?? Love those gals. Can't wait to clink some sparkling cider here too.

Blessings, Carolynn

3 Bay B Chicks said...

I saw that you updated your profile pic a day or two ago and have been dying to get back to your site to say how much I LOVE it. Seriously. You done good. It is perfection. After first seeing it, I looked at my computer and said, "that's it!"

Thanks for playing along with the tag. I love knowing that you return chain letters. Super funny!

-Francesca

PS: The list of blogs that you are following is growing. Atta girl! You will have plenty of people to tag in no time at all.

Rick said...

Hello Serious. Please forgive my boldness, but I'm just doing some surfing and inviting people to come over to my blog and be a part of my annual giveaway. There are no gimmicks. It's just my way of celebrating two years of blogging. I'm giving away a free caricature drawn by me. I'd be honored if you came over and sign up.

Tulip Row said...

I totally remember thinking Mariah Carey was nuts that year!! She must have been freezing her A** Off!