Sunday, December 7, 2008

Can't get caught up

I decided to stay behind and complete an entry tonight in the peace and quiet of my own house.  I sit here at the computer with sap in my hair and getting poked by Christmas tree needles because we literally have no place for a tree this year.  My super hot hubby has decided that a good place for it is right behind the computer so, here I sit hunched over the keyboard trying to be in the f'in Christmas spirit.  

I just can't seem to keep up with all the musings in my life. I swear, between the remodel, my mother, my kids and my super hot hubby I have enough material for a year. But, crazy things continue to happen to me.  The other day I took my darling, sweet precious little girls to the mall to return a pair of jeans that I loved but, needed a smaller size (so I loved them even more).  It was a scene out of a Norman Rockwell painting, we walked hand in hand throughout the mall smiling and talking about Santa.  Then we made the turn into Ann Taylor Loft, my children were transformed. They began crawling under the racks and hiding in the sweaters.  I grabbed the jeans quickly and went to go and try them on.  When I turned to admire how skinny I knew these jeans would make me look, I saw my youngest daughter with her pants and panties around her ankles and her head between her legs looking at all her "business" in the mirror.  She was singing a song that I hope she made up that went "Look at my booty....look at my booty" as she was shakin' it in the mirror.  As if that wasn't funny enough...she started to back it up and left the most perfect butt cheek imprint on the mirror in Ann Taylor Loft. I was mortified and decided that the least I could do was purchase the jeans even if they made me look like a fat cow. I really didn't care.  I just wanted to get out of that store as quickly as possible.  When the sales woman was ringing me up, she commented on how adorable the kids were. Little did she know, that my youngest left her a "present" in the dressing room.  I am quite certain I have been banned from shopping at Ann Taylor Loft and that a picture of my face and my youngest butt cheek imprint is now a "most wanted" poster. 

2 comments:

3 Bay B Chicks said...

Found your blog through Counselormama this morning. You are one good story teller. People like you make my day.

At what age do kids stop acting on every impulse? I hope it doesn't happen too soon with my kids. If it does, I'll have absolutely nothing to blog about.

I love that she made up a song about her "booty."

-Francesca

forever folding laundry said...

I, too, saw your blog through Counselormama and this story cracked. me. up! And I thought this type of dressing room behavior applied only to boys (or, specifically, to my boys.) I wonder, did you entertain any thoughts at all of taking a picture of the booty print for posterity? Too funny.