Monday, October 13, 2008

Glutten for Punishment

I actually went for run BY MYSELF on Sat. I have no idea what I was thinking but, I did it. I found myself in a little bit of a competition with well...me, I guess. Wondering how far I could actually run before stopping and if I could surprise my cheery running partner on Tues. morning with my endurance. I hated every second of it but, I found it interesting that I even had the thought to go. I have come to the conclusion that I will NEVER be a runner. You know, those people that live for it, gotta do it everyday, get up at the crack of butt, just love it?? Ya, not me. I am the one swearing obscenities through my gasps for breath. I am only doing this because I am an idiot...no wait, I want to do the triathlon and unfortunately running is part of it. SIGH!!!!

As if the running was not enough for me, I have now taken on the daunting task of kitchen remodel with my super hot husband. Now, this does wonders for a marriage, let me tell you!! Can I get an AMEN from those out there that have gone through this???!!! I have picked the tile, counter tops, paint, bamboo flooring and I am ready to go. Super hot hubby, on the other hand, is not quite so eager. I need to be careful as to what I write here today since he is probably going to read this but, I LOVE him and he is ridiculous!!! He wants to do portions of the project himself but, I want to hire someone qualified to do the job. He makes me smile (when I say smile I really mean throw daggers at him with my eyes) when he says and I quote..."I can do that and save some money." I always think "well, of course you can but, at what cost?" We had these gigantic eucalyptus trees in our front yard that we wanted to take out and he thought he would be able to cut them down by himself. I thought well, sure you can but, you could be in the process of cutting and the entire tree could fall on the house crushing the living room or better yet, you could fall 50 feet to your death. Is it a male thing to think such absurdities? At this point, we are waiting for more contractors to come over for an estimate. Last I heard, I was going to be picking the tile and counter tops for the kitchen (which I did) but, he is not sure about the counter top I have chosen??? And they say women have issues...GEEZ!!!

ADDENDUM: It has come to my attention that the above information may NOT be entirely accurate. Someone, and I will not name names, has told me that he did NOT ever say that he could remove the trees by himself. He really did say that and we all know who is right here but, apparently there was no evidence that he did say those words (although he did). He never had any intention of cutting the trees down on his own so, I am not sure why he said that he could. Just wanting to be clear here, people.

No comments: