Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Friends

All the girls in the house will agree with me on this post. Every female has a friend that they don't talk to that often but, when they see her they think to themselves "Why don't I hang out with her more?" You know the one?? My friend is someone that I have been friends with for 10 plus years and we met at work. She sat in the next cubicle from me and while we have different stories about how we became friends, she is a good friend none the less. She would say that I invited her to lunch and she had forgotten her lunch so off we went. I would say that I had asked her to lunch about 100 times and she got so tired of me stalking...umm, I mean asking that she finally said..."fine, I will go but, I really don't need anymore friends." Or something to that effect. Normally, I would be in a puddle on the floor bawling my eyes out uncontrollably but, I wasn't offended by this at all. I actually told her that she may not need anymore friends but, she didn't have a friend like me and that she would be my friend if she only knew me. So, here we are 10 plus years later...different jobs, different lives and still friends. We only see each other a few times a year and exchange e-mails a half dozen times. When we do meet for dinner, lunch, ice cream, whatever we laugh so hard that it is embarrassing in the restaurant. Well, I laugh that hard and she just turns red from the embarrassment. Our lunches turn into dinners and dinners into desserts. I really could sit with her for hours and chat and catch up and laugh. We usually end up closing the restaurant down or else they kick us out because we are so loud. My stomach will hurt for the next few days. I was thinking that I need to see her more often to give my stomach muscles a work out. Need me some six pack abs, ya know???

No comments: