Now I have been ever so busy working on my "Mom of the Year" award. I am trying hard to be super cool, fun, and great...It isn't so hard to do right now since my kids are still so little but, it is exhausting.
When my 4 year old came to me with some Halloween "Gak" and wanted to play with it, my response was..."Of course, looks like fun." Note to self: Gak sucks. This is what I learned for the 10 minutes that my child played with Gak:
1. Gak really sucks.
2. When left unattended...Gak and child CAN become messy
3. Gak is somewhat easy to clean up.
4. Gak must be cleaned up otherwise this happens (please don't judge at how messy our dining room table is or the scraps of food on the floor...you should be looking at the Gak. It actually took me about 30 minutes to even notice the gak but, whatever).
5. Gak looks fun but, it, most certainly, sucks.
6. An older sister can really influence a younger sister to do things that she is not supposed to do (like...oh I don't know...stick the entire bag of gak on your head just to see what happens).
7. Gak CAN be fun except when it is stuck in a 4 year old's hair...then it is a pain in the ass!!!
8. Washing gak out of a 4 year olds hair is no picnic...you must pull on the gak to get it out, all the while, being careful to not pull out her hair (when angry..this is a bit difficult to do.)
9. Adult supervision is required with Gak!!!! DAMN IT...no more Gak. The last thing I want to do is be responsible to supervise my children!!!
10. I am well on my way to being Mother of the Year.