Here is what I took away from the night:
1. You want to look smokin' hot because there are those that age well and those that do not...you want to be in the category of age well.
2. Get a room in the hotel or one within walking distance and DO NOT tell anyone your room number. Seriously, people will show up at your door before and after the party for a place to crash or drink some more.
3. Wear Spanx...it just looks better.
4. Browse your yearbooks prior to getting to the reunion. There will be many people that you will see that you will recognize their face but, not know their name. All will be wearing a name tag and it is just embarrassing to stare at someone's chest to see who they are.
5. Limit your alcohol intake on the afternoon and the night of the reunion. This is a big one!!! If you want people to think you have matured since high school...maybe, just maybe, you should act mature. I'm just sayin...
6. Have your attire pre checked by anyone that can see. Let's just say that a wife beater t-shirt is not appropriate for the reunion...especially if you have some sort of glandular issue that makes you sweat profusely. And for the women, there is never a time that would be appropriate to remove any layer of clothing.
7. When the music stops and the DJ leaves the building...this signals the end of the dancing portion of the night. There should not be anyone dancing to the songs in their head or to songs that no one else can hear.
8. Please refrain from trying to kiss a married woman...especially if you yourself are married. You would think this would be a given but, apparently it needs to be said.
9. When every ounce of your being is telling you to look away from the head cheerleader trying to do a cheer at the end of the night, you really should look away. It is an image that I will never forget and will, most likely haunt me to the day I die.
10. Some people just never change...sometimes that can be good and sometimes it can be bad...very, very bad!!!