Sunday, April 12, 2009

Spring Break is over...Thank God!!!

I swear Spring Break was created by childless teachers who only want to get away from the kids at school and take a much needed vacation to the mountains or to Mexico. There are a few of us that work in a school AND have kids of our own.  I didn't think that all the way through now did I?  Those that have their own children will totally understand this when I say it...a week is too long!!!  Feel me Dawg?  No baseball practice, no homework, no dance class, no self control (kids or me), I could go on and on.  I am actually happy to go back to work tomorrow.  Don't get me wrong, I love being home with my kids in the summer.  I can get into a routine with them and we have activities to do all the time.  This last week was especially brutal since it rained a few days.  I have never said these phrases so much in all my life:

1.   Stop it.
2.  Leave your sister alone.
3.  Stop touching her.
4.  Stop looking at her.
5.  If you stop looking at her she will stop touching you.
6.  Your attitude needs to change.
7.  I am going crazy.
8.  Why are you doing that?
9.   Stop copying her.
10.  Stop copying me. 
11.  OMG...Go talk to Daddy.
12. Mommy needs a very long time out.

For the first time all school year...I will be early to work and happy to be there.  


6 comments:

This IS The Fun Part! said...

Ah, motherhood - one great adventure after another!

Congrats on surviving yet one more hurdle with your little darlings. Consider it a character builder!

Grannie

peewee said...

Happy returning to work day!!

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

I cannot agree more. I think i used all the same terms in my house, followed by a phone call to daddy saying, "WHO'S CHILDREN ARE THESE!?!?" ahh, the fun!
You survived though!

Debbie said...

Some weeks are tougher than others! It is funny the things we hear ourselves saying over and over, isn't it?
I hope your return to work goes well.

Jane Anne said...

I hope this week is much more relaxing! I can relate to most all of them but #5 makes me smile the biggest.

3 Bay B Chicks said...

Were you channeling Randy Jackson when you wrote this post? "I do feel you, dawg," except in my case, I feel you almost everyday of my damn life. Being a SAHM is not for the faint hearted. I am continually in need of a very long time out.

I am also in need of margaritas and chips. Did you see my e-mail response from long ago? Are we waiting for our friend to return from Disneyland?

Don't leave me hangin', dawg.

-Francesca